AGL suspends Dalton construction22-Oct-2012
AGL Energy Ltd says lower demand for electricity is behind its decision to suspend development o..
QR National CFO steps down22-Oct-2012
QR National is looking for a new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) after the resignation of Deb O'To..
SkillsTech Australia School-based Apprentice Stamati Batsinilas from St Laurence’s College in ..
- How did I get a start in mining? 31-Jan-2012
- Competition for skills heats up between the states 13-Dec-2011
- Is the day of the Apprenticeship past? 08-Mar-2011
Tips from Trade Services Support
1. Client FeedbackAsk your current clients why they continue to do business with you and ask your former clients why they don't.
2. Just BelieveDon’t be afraid, just believe you can.
3. Legal ContractsFor all building projects over $5000, you and your client must sign a major domestic building contract.
4. NetworkingWork together with other sites and businesses as a network to provide a broad range of services.
5. Skilled TradespeopleA skilled tradesperson is fully competent in a set of skills relating to their particular trade.
6. Skilled Up
Skilled tradespeople are those who have completed an apprenticeship.
7. Sun Safe
Use sunscreen. A sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15, blocks 93 percent of UV rays.
8. What employers wantIn the building and construction industry, most employers look to employing new apprentices who have completed a pre-apprenticeship course as it is viewed as valuable pre-employment training.
SubscribeKeep Up-to-date with Trade Support, subscribe to our RSS feed to be notified of all our latest news blog events and more .
Subscribe to RSS feed
What is RSS feed?